Monday, May 19, 2008

Inspiration Station!

No, not me, sorry. But all three of these come from other people's sketches and/or inspiration posts! (thanks guys!-LOL!) This first one comes from Lauren's color challenge. And you had to use a circle! So I did! I used Night of Navy for the base of the card and stamped everything in Night of Navy ink...because it was already out! I have a Whisper White card front and I actually cut out the frog and dragonflies. Wow...there's a reason I never do that! The frog is on Old Olive card stock and the dragonflies are Barely Banana. The big circle is of Cool Caribbean card stock and then a smaller one of White. And some Old Olive wide grosgrain ribbon goes across the top. Oh and I colored the eyes with my white gel pen.

This one is my take on Jen's Saturday Sketch To Try. Its a White card base with a rectangle of Chocolate Chip on one side, the yellow side of some Petals and Paisley paper on the bottom half of the other side and the matching Celery striped Prints paper on the top half. This card coordinates with my frame gift found here. So I used the very same inks for the flower and dragged...drug? the one side of the White focal piece across my Chocolate Chip ink pad to get that hint of brown along the edge. Then I added three Vanilla buttons. I think it coordinates well with the gift and was easy to make. This is from Julee's Mojo Monday sketch. I have a Close to Cocoa base, then my panels are Pretty in Pink and Barely Banana. I stamped the tiny flower from Priceless on those panels using the inks that match. Oh...and I guess it doesn't quite match the sketch...hmm... Anyway, I tied that layer with Pink gingham ribbon. Then for the top layer, I have a Cocoa mat beneath the White. I stamped the image from the For A Friend set in Pretty in Pink and colored the little flowers Banana. I dragged the white square in the Banana ink on all sides again, and tied more pink ribbon with a Clear round button around that one! I got a LOT done today! Good for me! haha! Hope you can say the same!

9 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job on the challenge! Looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cards are very beautiful. I prefer the second but the others are good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, your cards are all so cute! Great job! Thanks for accepting our PCS challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card....Love it!!!! Thanks for playing along with the DT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute cards! You did great on the pink cat studio challenge thanks for joining in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are all absolutely wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...