Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Little Lamb, Birthday & Thanksgiving!

In spite of working on other projects and having too much going on yesterday, I managed to get some stamping done last night!!! Hooray! LOL! Recently our friend's daughter was baptised and we had to miss it. I thought we could still send her a card so this is what I made, using Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch #52. I thought this lamb image was perfect for the occasion and took my card colors from the way I colored it. Somewhere I saw the lamb done in So Saffron, so that's what I did here. This is also a 4 1/4 square card.

Supplies: Stamps: Pun Fun, Warmest Regards Ink: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze Paper: Baja Breeze, Creamy Caramel, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White card stocks, So Saffron Prints DP Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Blender Pens, Subtles Brads, Stamping Sponges, Pink Gingham Ribbon

I used Lauren's Saturday Sketch for the design behind my grandmother's birthday card. I totally cheated on that square focal point....I used my big square punch for the Pumpkin 'frame', and then used it to make reference points on the stamped paper, and then used my exacto knife to cut out the Vanilla piece with the flowers! (You get creative when you don't own all the fun tools- no second-larger square punch! LOL!)

Supplies: Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks, Sincere Salutations Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa Paper: Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie & Very Vanilla card stocks Accessories: Big Square Punch, Old Olive wide grosgrain ribbon

My final card uses a cool technique I'd never tried! The sketch is from Jen's Saturday Sketch and the reason I thought of this particular technique (Joseph's Coat) is because Andrea just did a tutorial on her blog HERE. I had to take the modifications a step further because I also do not own the brayer. My mom does...! Anyway, so here's a fancy Thanksgiving card!

Supplies: Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Holidays & Wishes, Canvas Ink: More Mustard, Tangerine Tango, Ruby Red Paper: More Mustard, Ruby Red, Glossy card stocks Accessories: Round Tab Punch (sides trimmed off!), Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware Kit, Stamping Sponges, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

And just because inquiring minds want to know.... THIS is a heat tool.

You plug it in, heat it up for a few seconds and point at your embossing powder til it melts. Super cool technique!

7 comments:

  1. So was I the only one wanting to know what a heat tool was??!! LOL!!! That sounds like a fabulous idea. I can't believe all the little things that you can do to make those cards so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You were busy! All three cards are great!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Tanya! What fabulous cards. I love that little saffron lamb. The focal point on the floral card is very cool. And the last card is just beautiful. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your cards are BEAUTIFUL!
    Love the sheep/lamb in the top card -- super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all amazing. I love the Josephs Coat! WOW! Just amazing. Thanks for playing along :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab cards, love that little lamb!

    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! That lamb is so cute. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...