Monday, September 22, 2008

Saturday Sketches!

If you checked my SCS gallery since Saturday morning you already saw this one. But I had to post it here too because I just love how it turned out! This follows Lauren's Saturday Sketch. Initially I thought I wouldn't do it because of the circle. I don't have any EASY circle cutting system, just that thing by Making Memories and I can't ever figure out how big the circle is going to be. Its just luck of the draw. But the rest of the card looked fairly simple so I thought I'd try it again...

Then, I wanted the focal point to be really great so I could keep the rest of the card basic. I still have this Lovely As A Tree set I'm borrowing from my mom and I thought I could do something fun for autumn with it. So here's today's version of emboss-resist. its on Vanilla card stock, rather than glossy, so I knew it would end up at least a little different. First I stamped the trees in Chocolate Chip ink. Then, (without a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, or any other way of lining it up perfectly, LOL!) I stamped it again with Versamark ink and clear embossed it. Even without a way of lining it up, it turned out ok because it looks like the first frost of the season! Woohoo! Then I sponged over it with More Mustard, Really Rust and Old Olive inks. Very autumnal.

Oh, I also edged the circle in Chocolate Chip ink to make it more defined. I wasn't even going to try to make a larger circle...!

Supplies: Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Fresh Cuts ~ Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark, More Mustard, Really Rust, Old Olive ~ Paper: Really Rust, Old Olive, Very Vanilla card stocks ~ Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Making Memories cutter

The next Saturday Sketch comes from Jen, and I added in the OCC Saturday challenge, which was to use chipboard. I never have much luck with chipboard! I bought it all excited to use it and my ideas just don't' work out that well. Usually it seems out of place. But here's this attempt! lol! Also, I made the focal point round instead of square, and then the button accent is square instead of round...wonder if that still counts? hee hee!

Here you can see the chipboard layer...

Supplies: Stamps: Bugs & Kisses ~ Ink: Rose Red ~ Paper: Rose Red & Whisper White card stocks ~ Accessories: Fresh Favorite Buttons, Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals (retired), On Board Accents & Elements chipboard (retired), Silver Cord (retired!), Stamping Sponges

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of you didn't think yesterday's injury stories were bad enough. So here's another one! *wink*

Last night I thought I'd make some lemon bars because they are yummy and we needed something yummy. So, you bake the crust for 8 mins at 350* and then pour in the lemon filling and put it back in the oven to bake longer. Well, being the "super-genius" that I am (Wile E Coyote, for anyone who didn't watch Saturday Morning Cartoons...) I pulled the pan out using hot pads, set it on the stove, poured in the filling and then picked the pan back up WITHOUT HOT PADS. So yes, I slightly burned all fingertips and my thumbs! OWWW!

Is that good enough for ya?! haha!

Now, you may wonder how I am typing today if that is the case... (I do pre-type many of my posts and I don't think I'll be stamping today...) First of all, I let go pretty quickly. LOL! But also, my mother gave us this great stuff they use a lot at her work:

So in case you wondered, YES it works and YES its worth buying! my thumbs and pointer fingers are still tender, but I'm good! So if you have super-genius's in your house, you better get some! It works for sunburns too.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I am sorry for you fingers!! I have to tell you, I have done that a time or two. Darn those recipes where you put something in to bake and then take it out to add. I usually attempt to pick it back up without hot pads. And I love the cards you did! The tree one is very beautiful! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are so pretty! Each one is great. Love them! Thanks for playing along :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your burn. There really is not much worse. It hurts all the time- constant pain. Send me your details- I would like to mail a goodie off to you for playing in my color challenge. Email me at:
    rfowler838@mybluelight.com
    Kindly,
    ~Eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards!! sorry to hear about the burns...ouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did see your card in SCS. I can not remember if I left a comment or not, but I really like the clean look of it and the coloring is very nice.

    I have never been to your blog before, but I love your picture and it is a fun blog. I will be back! :-)

    I liked the bugs life one too!

    I use stencil templets in circle shapes then draw the circle onto my paper, or trace the circle with an oil pencil onto a photo then wipe off with soft cloth, if I do not have my Colluzel cutter available.

    Heather Schlatter
    Kansas

    I did the sketch here:
    http://heathersheavinlystampations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cards, Tanya!! Both so clean and striking! Great take on Jen's SFYTT, and your chipboard is *perfect*!! So glad you could play along in the OCC challenge, too - thanks! Sorry about your burns, too. I did that once (yea, it only takes once, lol!) with a cookie sheet. I just wasn't thinking and picked up the darn thing. Complete misery for the first 12 hours ... wish I had known about the Burn Free stuff. Hope you can get back to stamping quickly :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...