Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Challenging Challenges...!

Challenge is a good word for today. Let's just leave it with: Neither of these cards are my favorite! LOL!

So, first I tried to play along with Beate's Inspiration challenge. I liked the polka dot pillow and knew I had some polka dot paper with Night of Navy....oh. And Brocade Blue... But it still worked, so I tried to use it. But the reason I still have this paper is because I can't seem to make it work with anything! LOL! It just seems so overpowering... so I went with just a chunk of it. And I think its ok! My snowman (who I love!) is all glittered out and colored with markers. And if nothing else- I got another Christmas card done! Hooray!

Supplies:

Stamps: Holiday Tag Team ~ Ink: Night of Navy, Rich Regals Markers ~ Paper: Whisper White card stock, All The Trimmings SS Kit, Night of Navy card stock ~
Accessories: Silver Brads, Mat Pack, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2way glue pen

This came from my attempt at the SCS World Card Making Day challenges. One of the challenges was to use a tree. Ok! I colored this tree with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons, spritzed the stamp with water and stamped it onto the Watercolor Paper. Its sparse, but I like it! Then I made a frame! If you look closely you can see I scored the Close to Cocoa card stock to look like a wooden frame, and I swiped Chocolate Chip ink across it with a sponge to give it that wood-grain look.

Then I hung it from a silver brad and put it on the plain Mustard card....it needed something. Something like wall paper actually... but I couldn't think of any way to make "wallpaper" and I don't have any DP that looks enough like wall paper and still matches my card. Sooo I gave up some of my treasured Treehouse DP. It added that "something" to the card and it works with the feel, I'm just not sure it works with the "painting hanging from the wall". But you know what? It's done! :) That's as good as I get with the challenges today!

Supplies:

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Sincere Salutations ~
Ink: Chocolate Chip ~
Paper: More Mustard & Close to Cocoa card stock, Watercolor paper, Treehouse DP ~
Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Silver Brad, Stamping Sponge

6 comments:

  1. Both cards looks wonderful! I love your blue card.
    Thanks so much for playing!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW two gorgeous cards!!
    Thanks for playing with my Candy!:) Good luck;)
    Hugs, Camilla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your snowman card. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the cards are cute! I guess when it's your project you are more critical than others are... that's they way we all are! But you always have great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards Tanya, such gorgeous colours

    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, Tanya, I think both cards are awesome. I love that blue dotted paper and both have great layouts.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...