Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Another Sympathy Card

So yesterday it warmed up all the way to 19*. That was an improvement, but the forecast called for a low of 21* so I was a little less than prepared. And we got at least 6 more inches of snow. And yes, I'm tired of it already. (its barely January!) Its kind of a drab day, so here's a sympathy card. I have happier cards to come, so we'll just hope for that!

This one uses Lauren's Saturday sketch tho, so I had to post it. I kept it simple because I needed more of a masculine sympathy card. I think it works.

Supplies: Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Warmest Regards (retired) Ink: Tangerine Tango, Close to Cocoa Paper: Tangerine Tango, Kraft, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla card stocks Accessories: 1 3/8 inch square punch, circle cutter

Better days are coming! I get to go to yoga now...! finally! LOL!

ETA: If you want to use your card making talents to brighten the lives of children, here's something to look into for Valentines. Check Julies blog and go from there!

5 comments:

  1. This is a cute card, and I thought that it was cold in the basin. I would love to get 19*. We aren't getting above about 7* or so. It's reason like this that I have to ask myself why did I move back to the basin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute card, and I thought that it was cold in the basin. I would love to get 19*. We aren't getting above about 7* or so. It's reason like this that I have to ask myself why did I move back to the basin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great masculine card. Simple and stunning!
    Great job with the sketch and thanks for playing along with us!
    ~Kendra

    P.S. We have snow too... not much, just enough to make the drive to work annoying. I like snow, just not driving to work in it! :) So, just sayin' - I'm feeling it with ya honey! Maybe we need to move to Hawaii?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanya, I still need that set. I just love that stamp you used that is the stamp that makes me want that set!!! It is so cute, and yes it is also masculine!

    Great Colors for a Sympathy card too. Also great take on the Sketch as well I have not done that one yet!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect masculine and/or sympathy card... very serene. You did a gorgeous job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...