Friday, June 29, 2012

Mini Stamp Class for a Mini Stamper!

Last week my daughter needed stitches...
Consequently, she needed to give some thank you cards to sweet and thoughtful friends! I asked if she wanted me to make the cards and she could just write in them, or did she want to stamp the cards herself? Her typical style can be found HERE. But this time she asked if I would create the cards and teach her to make them, just like I do in my classes. awww!

So, I pulled out some retired DP and ribbons and went to work designing! She did a really good job trying new things! Here you can see my card's next to her's.
I used Susan's Sketch for this first card...but since the tree image took up so much space, I'm hoping to use the sketch again later!
Supplies:
Stamps: Forever Young
Ink: Soft Suede
Paper: Very Vanilla & Soft Suede card stock, Everyday Enchantment DP (retired)
Accessories: Lucky Limade organdy ribbon (retired)

I used last week's Mojo Monday sketch for this card:
Supplies:
Stamps: Petite Pairs
Ink: Melon Mambo
Paper: Melon Mambo & Whisper White card stocks, Spring Fever Simply Scrappin DP (retired)
Accessories: 1 3/8 inch square punch, Whisper White grosgrain ribbon (retired)

And finally I used the latest sketch from Stamping 411 for this card. I thought I would like this card, and I know my daughter enjoyed all the colors, but the bingo piece with the polka dot dp makes the card waaay too busy for my taste. Oh well- she likes it!
Supplies:
Stamps: Button Button, Bingo Card, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Basic Gray, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Peach Parfait, Early Espresso
Paper: Whisper White & Peach Parfait (retired) card stocks, Just Add Cake DP (retired)
Accessories: Peach Parfait twill Ribbon (retired)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that you daughter needed stitches. She looks to be about the same age as my oldest son when he, too, needed several stitches in his chin. He was playing on the stage at church.. the curtains were closed. He didn't pay attention and ran into the curtains and consequently fell off the stage hitting his chin on the way down. Ouch.

    Love your cards, Tanya. Thanks so much for playing along in my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is that...making cards together...and her cards were darling! I hope your girl is healing quickly!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...