Monday, April 22, 2013

New Toys!

In the Spring Mini is an adorable dress set. There's a stamp and a coordinating framelit die, and you can choose to get it as a bundle! Well, my mom ordered the bundle....and I get to play with it!!
Patty has TONS of ideas on how to use this set on her blog HERE and especially after seeing her creations, I have been looking forward to creating with this kit! The other night I sat down and played with the dies and then this morning I looked for some sketches that the dresses would fit on. And here are my first projects.....!

This card uses the newest Mojo Monday sketch and I LOVE how it turned out! I used my scoring blade to make the square sections in the sketch as a subtle backdrop for the dress. The dress is so simple and easy, and fabulous! I would totally wear a dress like that, even with the Summer Starfruit color, LOL! (sooo not my favorite shade)
Supplies:
Paper: Patio Party DP, Baja Breeze, Midnight Muse, Basic Gray & Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: White Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, Dress Up Framelits, Big Shot

This card uses the sketch found HERE. This card has kind of a weird color combination...I wanted a red dress and picked Cherry Cobbler ink, and then stamped it on Whisper White card stock. Then I needed a bit of DP with opposing colors.... I picked this green dotty print from the new Epic Day This & That bundle. I like the distressed look with this dress better than the green dotty from Sunshine and Sprinkles..maybe because the ink didn't quite "take" everywhere? Anyway, then I used the Pool Party from that DP for the base. Another glimpse into my brain, haha!
Supplies:
Stamps: All Dressed Up
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Epic Day DP, Pool Party, Basic Gray & Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Neutrals Buttons, White Bakers Twine, Dress Up Framelits, Big Shot

and then just because I am excited, haha, I thought I'd show you how many of the dress forms you can get from one sheet of neutral card stock...That's not quite half a sheet of Basic Gray, only as far as the form is long.
And here are the first dresses I made!! *LOVE!*
You'll just have to check back for what I do with the rest of them!! *grin!

2 comments:

  1. How fun.. What a collection of darling dresses to play with. Love your card creations as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dresses, very adorable cards. I would so wear fun dresses like this too :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...