Monday, October 23, 2017

Purple Autumn Trees

Hello again!
Late post today but this one is short and sweet. Card #4 from my latest class was also short and sweet!
I am really loving Fresh Fig! I think it lent itself very well to this autumny card. I also discovered today how I'm going to incorporate Fresh Fig into Christmas cards, so that's exciting, haha!
This card was so simple- we stamped the background and the tree using Sahara Sand ink, then sponged the Fresh Fig leaves! Couldn't be quicker!
There absolutely are purple trees- I call them apartment cherry trees. I swear every apartment complex I have lived in has them. The cherries are no good, only good for staining everything they come in contact with... And the leaves are purple. That's what I thought of when I gave this a try. It is also not a 'thank you' card, the way I'd planned the class, but this phrase works so nicely on the card that everyone went ahead and used it too!
Supplies:
Stamps: Hardwood, Lovely As a Tree, Thoughts & Prayers
Ink: Sahara Sand, Fresh Fig
Paper: Sahara Sand, Fresh Fig, Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Fresh Fig ribbon, Stamping Sponges

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...