Thursday, November 16, 2017

Christmas in the Making!

THIS is a super cute set! I have seen dozens of other stampers say it reminds them of their childhoods... well not me, haha, but I have been sorting and organizing pictures of my mom's childhood and it definitely fits that! I love these girls and I thought they'd be a lot of fun to color!

Wellllll....I hit a snag while coloring and since this one is for a class I needed to keep it simple...and I may have missed, haha....
The problem really comes down to logistics. My classes are set up as "stations". I have a little plastic box holding everything you need to make 'this' card, and either the boxes stay put, or the card maker does, til everyone gets a chance to make the project. That means I need certain supplies in certain boxes and sharing is difficult. The next issue is using what I already have here instead of ordering more, haha...!
So this lovely card is a compromise! The dress and hat are colored using the ink/aquapainter method. I wanted needed to use Fresh Fig because I have the ribbon, and because I thought the rich color worked beautifully with the gold for Christmas! Everything else (hair, boots, mailbox...) are colored with the Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen! And even tho that is a little bit complicated for a class setting, I think it turned out gorgeous and we're just going to do it anyway! *grin
Supplies:
Stamps: Christmas In the Making
Ink: Fresh Fig, Archival Basic Gray
Paper: Fresh Fig & Shimmery White card stocks, Gold Glimmer DP
Accessories: Fresh Fig sheer ribbon, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens, Aquapainter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...