Monday, August 6, 2018

Typewriters!

Okay, remember on {last} Monday when I played with the Embossing Paste? And back a month ago when I said this typewriter set was one of my favorite things in the new catalog? Well, let's combine those with this awesome brick stencil and the fact that I really love brick and I really love these cards! So much that I just kept going!
...it just took me a few days to get the blog post typed up.....!

I made the first two brick walls just after I did the clouds on the baby card. I pictured a blue and a pink typewriter on the side like this, but I couldn't decide which shade of pink to go with... So I had to make more brick walls, haha! I also used different methods to color in the typewriters, getting slightly different results. I really needed "thinking of you" type cards and the greetings that come with the typewriter didn't fit the people I need cards for, so I used the "hello" from Tabs For Everything instead. The font is different and yet I think it works. I'm really happy with each of them.

This is the simplest card of the set. This typewriter was colored with the colored pencils and a Blender Pen.
Supplies:
Stamps: PS You're The Best, Tabs For Everything
Ink: Stazon Black, Melon Mambo 
Paper: Melon Mambo, Smoky Slate, Shimmery White card stocks
Accessories: White Baker's Twine, White Embossing Paste, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Palette Knives, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens, Dimensionals

This one ended up my favorite coloring job. In this case, I used the Flirty Flamingo ink pad and the Aquapainter on the Shimmery card stock. And it was one of those times I rather impressed myself, haha. Later my daughter made pretty much the same comment so there you go!
Supplies:
Stamps: PS You're The Best, Tabs For Everything
Ink: Stazon Black, Flirty Flamingo, Smoky Slate
Paper: Flirty Flamingo, Smoky Slate, Shimmery White card stocks
Accessories: Calypso Coral Ombre ribbon, Metallic Sequins, White Embossing Paste, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Palette Knives, Aquapainter, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

For these next two cards, I took a brilliant idea (from Jeanna HERE) to stick the flowers behind the typewriter. I think it adds a lot, both in color and just that extra something it needed. 
Supplies:
Stamps: PS You're The Best
Ink: Stazon Black, Dark Old Olive Stampin' Blends marker, Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends marker, Color Lifter Stampin' Blends marker
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate, Shimmery White card stocks
Accessories: Burlap Ribbon, White Baker's Twine, White Embossing Paste, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Palette Knives, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens, Dimensionals

And I think this one ended up my favorite, because the Gold Thread worked out better than the Baker's Twine in the blue card. Also I love the coloring again, which this time was done with Stampin' Blends markers.
Supplies:
Stamps: PS You're The Best, Tabs For Everything
Ink: Memento Black, Old Olive, Dark Old Olive Stampin' Blends marker, Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends marker, Color Lifter Stampin' Blends marker
Paper: Old Olive, Smoky Slate, Shimmery White card stocks
Accessories: Gold metallic thread, White Embossing Paste, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Palette Knives, Dimensionals

I think it's safe to say I have some favorite toys, haha.... What do you think? Do you have a favorite of these? 
Now I just have to get them written in and mailed out.... very, very soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...