Thursday, April 18, 2019

Summer Scrapping!

I haven't stamped very much in recent weeks, I have been really busy with a lot of things, most of which are in fact for other people. Not that I mind, it's just that sometimes you need a minute to yourself. So today, after an unexpectedly crazy morning, I decided I was going to stamp. Then I decided that even better- I was going to scrapbook!

I pulled out the printed pics intended for my baby's book, looked at the events I had and figured I'd do the whichever theme matched the first thing I found and loved that fit, haha! This long retired DP was perfect for her first time in the wading pool last summer, with the high waves and swirls. I knew exactly which stamp image I wanted to use after that, and I just made it fit, HA. I don't even love the placement of the stamp or the journaling, because I really wanted to show off the DP, but there it is, and hey, she's got two more pages done! That puts her up to .... eight whole pages! YIKES!
Supplies:
Stamps: Lively Little Ones, Skinny Mini Alphabet (both retired)
Ink: Pacific Point, Memento Black, Calypso Coral marker
Paper: Whisper White card stock, High Tide DP (retired)
Accessories: Watercolor Pencils, Glue Dots, sequins from a retired embellishment kit


This is why I keep what I buy. Many demonstrators sell off their retired products, and I do sell some, to make more room, but. I start by buying what I love, then I find ways to use it in my scrapbooks. Lively Little Ones came out in 2005. Skinny Mini Alphabet came out in 2014. And the DP is from at least 2015, maybe earlier. I love having a variety of alphabet stamps. I love having a nice stash of DP for any occasion. And I love the variety of stamps that come and go!

1 comment:

  1. For many years, it's been my philosophy for scrapbook pages that done is better than perfect, and not every layout can be my favorite. It's more important to get those pics on the pages! So YAY, YOU SCRAPPED! And just think, one more layout and kiddo will be in double digits for pages :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...