Saturday, July 1, 2017

Blog Hop: Stepping up a wishing well!

Another month has flown by... and a third of the summer is already over! I haven't had time to stamp the last few weeks, but that's one of the things I like best about participating in our blog hop- I have to stamp! *grin.
This month I decided to play with my newest set. This is from my second new catalog order, haha! I am a sucker for old and beautiful things like this well. I also enjoy coloring so that makes it a perfect stamp for me. Not only that, but it has words for several occasions, making it useful and versatile! I used the latest sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for the card layout. I kept both cards very similar, and literally just stepped up some details.
First, I have a very simple card. I stamped the image and colored only the flowers.
Supplies:
Stamps: Bright Wishes
Ink: Archival Black, Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla card stocks
Accessories: Watercolor Pencils, Dimensionals

My stepped up version has an embossed background using the Brick Wall folder. I thought it went well with the stone well. Then I added a strip of wood DP, It is pretty hard to tell, so I added a bonus picture below, haha. And I water-colored the entire image, and it is on Shimmery White card stock, which I read is a good one to watercolor on! And it worked well with minimal buckling so I'm calling that a success!
Supplies:
Stamps: Bright Wishes
Ink: Archival Black, Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Old Olive & Rich Razzleberry card stocks, Shimmery White, Wood Textures DP
Accessories: Watercolor Pencils, Aquapainter, Big Shot, Brick Wall embossing folder, Dimensionals

And that promised close up of the wood grain paper strip
That's it for me today. Hop along to Cheryl's blog, and all the way thru and see what every one else has created for your stampy inspiration!
I really AM hoping to stamp more in the coming weeks. I really wanted to have a class scheduled by now... we'll just have to see how things go. But in the meantime, I hope YOU get some time to stamp and create!

4 comments:

  1. They are both great cards, but I love the added depth and texture in the second one! Thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet cards! Love the addition of the brick folder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! Beautiful watercoloring! It's amazing what a difference it makes by just adding the embossed brick background. Goes really well with the rocks on the well. I love the Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspired to use this set, Tanya! Love both cards... Wonderful "step-up" with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...