Monday, July 17, 2017

Mixing Old & New!

This past week, my first-born went ahead and had yet another birthday. Funny how my own birthdays don't make me feel older, but his sure do...
He is such a great kid and I have been pleasantly surprised to find myself agreeing with more experienced mom's- teenagers are challenging, just like all phases, but teenagers are a lot of fun too! He's a hard worker when he needs to be, and he's willing to do pretty much anything as soon as he's asked. He is generally happy and pleasant, and he is a huge help to me.
He got some big-ticket items in the weeks leading up to his birthday so the day itself was kinda small. I wanted to make a point to make a card for him to read on his actual birthday. While he went to see the new Spiderman movie with my husband, my older daughter was on babysitting duty so I could get it done!
I used the latest TGIF Challenge, which was a sketch, thank goodness. I use retired DP and retired Washi Tape and retired dies, punch and embossing folder, but I used a brand-spanking new stamp, haha! The words came from my newest Paper Pumpkin kit, which arrived earlier the day I made the card! How's THAT for a mix? haha.... But the colors and patterns are all very "him", so of course I had to.
Supplies:
Stamps: July 2017 Paper Pumpkin
Ink: Calypso Coral
Paper: Soft Sky & Whisper White card stocks,
Accessories: Big Shot, Dimensionals, Banner Dies (retired), Lucky Stars Embossing Folder (retired), Wide Oval Punch (retired), Washi Tape (retired, forgot the name)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...