Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Blog Hop: Stepped over butterflies

Happy August....?? I sincerely cannot believe how fast this year has flown...I think that's how you know you're getting old...
ANYWAY it's time for a new blog hop! Each month we each share a couple projects and today mine is slightly stepped up.
My card is based on the latest Clean & Simple sketch. I wanted to use some new paper and new colors. My first attempt was collage-y and I think ended up too busy, so I had to try again. I am much happier with this version. I kept it pretty simple, but stuck to the sketch.
Supplies:
Stamps; Butterfly Basics
Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Fresh Fig
Paper: Whisper White & Peekaboo Peach card stock, Naturally Eclectic DP
Accessories: Butterflies Die, Big Shot, Dimensionals

I stepped my card up with one tiny detail and I honestly think it polishes the card off! What do you think?
Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly Basics
Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Fresh Fig
Paper: Whisper White & Peekaboo Peach card stock, Naturally Eclectic DP
Accessories: Fresh Fig 1/8 Sheer Ribbon, Big Shot, Butterfly Dies, Dimensionals

And here the side-by-side comparison. What do you think? 
Be sure to hop on thru to the whole blog hop- it's not very long. And leave us your thoughts, we all love comments! 


5 comments:

  1. So pretty! Your butterfly looks like a cutout embellishment. Your stamping is so neat. It's amazing how the ribbon really gives the card the extra finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix of new and old supplies, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards! I agree, the addition of the thin brown ribbon coordinates nicely with the brown of the butterfly and polishes the design. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow that ribbon really makes the green leaf pop. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely card! Love the ribbon addition for sure! Thanks so much for playing along with the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...