Friday, September 1, 2017

Blog Hop: Step It Over Style!

Another month has zoomed on by!
Although, as busy as I was, in some ways August just. kept. going.
My big kids started school and marching band and swim team and soccer...! And the preparing for all of these things and all the other stuff that happens...in some ways I'm looking forward to September to at the very least, get used to all the things. Autumn is my very favorite time of year, plus it might cool off soon!!
Today is also my wedding anniversary!

But YOU are here for the blog hop, so lets dive in to that!

Today I chose to go with a "stepped over" project. I used the same package of DP, the same stamp set and dies, just mixed up the colors and the actual stamps. I used the same sketch, from the Freshly Made Sketches blog. I even have a favorite between the two..!

First up, this pink flower card. 
Supplies:
Stamps: Jar of Love
Ink: Powder Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Black
Paper: Powder Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White card stocks, Delightful Daisy DP
Accessories: Big Shot, Everyday Jars Framelits, Dimensionals

And then a fun firefly card! I have wanted to make a firefly card since this set was first released and all over Pinterest, so it was about time!
Supplies:
Stamps: Jar of Love
Ink: Black, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy & Whisper White card stocks, Delightful Daisy DP
Accessories: Big Shot, Everyday Jars Framelits, Dimensionals

I love how easy it is to take the same supplies and mix it up to create something completely different! I've said it before- but this is exactly why I love sketches!
Let me know which card is YOUR favorite, and hop on thru to see everyone's creations! 
We're a little short today, including a blogger skipping out because she is busy dealing with a hurricane... So it won't take you long, and we all love feedback on our work!
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I can't believe that's the same pack of DSP. Two totally different cards. Both so cute. Well, I can't decide. I love the firefly card! But I also love the pink one and how the blossoms lean to the right. I can't ever figure out how to position the flowers. Love this layout. This is so cute, so if I have to pick I think I like the pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I like both cards. I like the soft colors of the pink one - so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sketches are the bomb! But you know that already! Two great cards - I couldn't possibly pick a fave. Although I am partial to pink - just sayin'. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot get enough of these jar cards! Love them both Tanya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fabulous and so very different! I couldn't pick which one I love more as they are both super! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those jars provide so many possibilities. They are so versatile and you have shown that with both of your cards. great job!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...