Thursday, June 1, 2017

Blog Hop: Stepping Up with New Products!!

June has arrived and summer vacation is definitely underway at my house! It has also warmed up significantly, so I guess that means summer is here!
Today is a big day for Stampin' Up! A new catalog is released at noon today! Unless you have a demonstrator who has already delivered a paper copy to you... *wink.

Being a demonstrator means we get a chance to pre-order some items. Usually I do order a few things to have a little head start, and today's post definitely shows that! I have new In Colors (one of them anyway), new stamps, new dies, new paper and even a new ribbon! This is a super cute bundle- the stamps and the dies, and the paper that was designed to work with the set too! There is SO much potential with this set and I can't wait to show you even more of it!

So for today, I have a simple card first. I like it. It was pretty quick to make, the longest part was stamping off to get the paler pink flowers!
Supplies:
Stamps: Colorful Seasons
Ink: Berry Burst, Crumb Cake
Paper: Berry Burst & Whisper White card stock, Color Theory DP

And my stepped up version! I changed up the background color. I didn't stamp anything beyond the greeting. I die cut the branches and the flowers! And I added the cute ribbon too.

Supplies:
Stamps: Colorful Seasons
Ink: Berry Burst, Crumb Cake
Paper: Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Berry Burst & Powder Pink card stock, Color Theory DP
Accessories: Old Olive Mini Chevron Ribbon, Dimensionals

What do you think?
...I promise the cards are the same size, the angle of the picture is just weird, haha.
My card sketch is based on THIS sketch from TGIF Challenges, a week or two ago.

Anyway, we have a lot of stampy inspiration lined up for you today, so be sure and hop all the way thru! And leave us your thoughts- we all appreciate comments on our work!


5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I haven't taken out my Colorful Seasons products yet...but this looks like a fantastic card to try. Thanks for the inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! To stamp or not to stamp...I'm glad we have the options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fun to see them side by side. I'm so glad you showed what the flower dies look like. I love the layered colors and two different shapes. The Color Theory DSP in the background really makes the card pop. I love the Berry Burst! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, you need to know My husband calls me, "The Die Cut Queen". LOL! Anyway, I rather die cut and then stamp, (if I get around to stamping at all"). The reason I told you this is, I actually like he stamped better. Go figure? Great job and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...