Saturday, August 8, 2020

Something pretty!

See? I made a card! You're welcome! hahaha! I saw this challenge to CASE the designer at Global Design Project and loved the idea...That's a really pretty card to CASE! The trick was making it work with supplies I have. I think I did okay, haha... I don't yet own the ink pads in these new In Colors, and I don't own any kind of big floral image but this worked for me. I'm also putting it with the SUO challenge to make something, and I am happy with this so there we go. 

To create the watercolory background, I colored with my Cinnamon Cider marker directly onto the " I " block. Then I used a little watercolor brush that actually came with a kit several years ago, and painted water onto some Shimmery card stock, where I planned to "stamp" the block. After it dried, I stamped my vines and the script over the brown "splotch". I added the gingham and lace ribbon, and topped it with this fussy cut frame image. Finally I added the greeting and a few pearls. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Very Versailles 
Ink: Cinnamon Cider & Just Jade
Paper: Just Jade & Shimmery card stocks
Accessories: Basic Pearls, Lace Trim, Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Pack, Dimensionals, Glue Dots 

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, it's Very Versailles! Oh, how I miss you! What a fun card, you really pulled together a lot of fun elements! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely choice of colours - that Cinammon Cider looks a good shade - thanks for joining us at SUO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love the way you've stamped over the water colouring very clever. Beautiful card love all the elements you've added making a very elegant beautiful card. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I love these collage-type of cards! Thank you so much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com. We hope to see you for our new challenge on Tuesday, August 18.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...