Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Framed art gifts!

Ever since I saw this crown in the Decor Elements brochure, I wanted to get it for my little princess! But then...what would I do for my son?? And then I remembered a poem I got at church, on various hand-outs while growing up that is perfect for both kids!

Sooo, waiting until the 22nd of December to do this project.... Here's my step by step process

This is what it looks like when it arrives (I got the smallest one).

First, peel it off the backing paper, but leave the sticky and the backing attached along the "top" so you can place it carefully...

Now its attached to your surface (in this case- card stock!),

We offer a little tool to apply it, but since this is the first time I've been able to do the vinyl, I used my pampered chef scraper!

Then you peel the sticky paper off the vinyl. On the Regal Rose card stock, it tore just a little bit. No tears on the Brocade Blue...

and the finished product! Altho, my husband thinks there needs to be a pink/blue border framing the whole thing. What do you think?

Supplies:

Her Majesty Small, White, decor Elements Regal Rose, Brocade Blue & Whisper White card stock.

For those wondering, the poem says:

I am a child of royal birth. My Father is king of heaven and earth. My spirit was born in the courts on high, A child of God, a Prince {Princess} am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...