Monday, December 7, 2009

Tried something new!

Yes I did!

I am making the last of our Christmas cards, and I guess I get bored easily because I like to change it up, a lot. hee hee. I pulled out this old favorite (yes, its retired) and made this card:

But...it needed something. So! I tried the bleaching technique! And now it looks like this:

YEAY!!!

There are a couple ways you can do this, but it all boils down to about the same as the water coloring technique. In this case, I used a dried up blender pens (you can fill an aquapainter or use a watercolor brush) and touched it to the liquid left in the lid of my gallon of bleach. Then I just painted it where I wanted white, and waited a few minutes and that's what happened! Very cool!

You can try this with any current santa, snowman, snowy scene...........

~~~~~~

In other news, after very little snow so far, we now have what? 8 inches sitting there? Since Saturday afternoon. And it is still DUMPING.

1 comment:

  1. Cute Card! Sorry about the snow! We just have a dusting and that is too much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...