Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

Today I am extremely grateful to our servicemen and women, and their families. We do have family members, past and present, serving our country and I don't think words can express my gratitude for the sacrifice they are willing to offer.

I recently found this incredible organization: Operation Write Home. They have the ability and resources to do something I once attempted, and totally flopped. Any of us card makers who have a surplus of hand crafted cards just sitting in our houses can send them to the wonderful people at Operation Write Home. They organize the cards and ship them overseas to military heroes everywhere. The service men and women can use these blank cards and mail them home to their loved ones. I can't even tell you how happy I am to participate in this!

I have mentioned before that I am a cub scout leader. Last weeks meeting was on Election Day and today is Veteran's Day. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, coupled with two days this month set aside to remind us of our patriotism, we had the boys write Hero letters- all of which can be found on the Operation Write Home website.

I am sending as many cards as I can fit in a shipping box, and 18 letters from local kids, across the world to brighten the day of our servicemen and their families.

Happy Veterans Day.
and Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...