Friday, July 1, 2016

Blog Hop: Step It Up with Swirls!

Happy July!!
July?? Yep, the year is officially half over and I don't know where it went! But a new month means a fun, new Blog Hop, so here we are!

Do I need to admit I have a problem? A small addiction to this stamp set and die? Well....here it is again! Of the eleven separate card designs I have made in June, six use this set... *ahem... But I really do love it!

This month I used the latest from Freshly Made Sketches. For my first sample I kept exactly to the sketch. I even used a flower shape! I kept it quite CAS with a little stamping and a quick greeting. Done and done!
Supplies:
Stamps: Swirly Bird, Here For You
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe
Paper: Watermelon Wonder, Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Swirly Scribbles dies, Big Shot

Then for my stepped up version, I added some ribbon (I really like this new striped ribbon! It is both pretty and soft!), changed up the stamps, and moved the greeting. I also popped the white panel up for dimension! Still quick and easy to make, but a little cuter and more effort! And I love these colors for summer, too!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Swirly Bird, Here For You
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, Flirty Flamingo, Tip Top Taupe
Paper: Watermelon Wonder, Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Watermelon Wonder striped ribbon, Swirly Scribbles dies, Big Shot 

What do you think? Are you loving this set as much as I am? If not, what IS your favorite go-to product right now? 

Well, hop on over to Cheryl and see what she's created for you. Then hop on thru and leave us your thoughts! 

9 comments:

  1. Aren't you just loving that Swirly Bird and that darling striped ribbon? So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your colors. The little buds are so cute and I love the striped ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough of this stamp set either. I like the ribbon accent and the splatter stamp on the stepped up version, but I love the first one even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are fun cards. The addition of the splatter, ribbon and moving the sentiment really works for me. Love those swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I a simpleton if I say I like the first version better? ;-) I just love all the white space, feels so crisp and clean! Thanks for sharing--another card that pushes me towards getting the striped ribbon, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet and a perfect thinking of you card. I love your color combo! TFS Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, sweet, sweet cards! Love the colors you chose. One of my favorite new items!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clean and simple and so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little swirl is perfect for the sketch. Such a pretty card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...