Monday, November 7, 2016

Bridal shower!

One of the many things happening this fall in my world, is my brother's wedding! My mom and I hosted a bridal shower for his fiancée, with a recipe theme. 

To start, I made these cute invitations with my (sadly) long-retired MDS, and some cute kitchen and cooking themed stamps and DP. 
Then, I stamped index cards using another long-retired stamp set. Each invitation went out with an index card so that people could bring a recipe with them, or even mail back just a recipe if they were unable to attend. And that's exactly what some people did!
For the shower itself, I stamped more cards, so that people could leave "a recipe for a great date night" and/or a "recipe for a happy life together", but I didn't get any pictures of that...

I used a recent Paper Pumpkin kit to make a cute banner. It says "BRIDAL SHOWER"... and there are some photo posters....
And here's a close-up....
So that my kids could help (and stay busy?) they made this sign for the door. And the balloons are my husband's interpretation of my daughter's idea!
My son drew the bubble letters and my daughter colored them.
And the cute couple enjoying the shower, for good measure...!
So, you see, I haven't been completely non-creative.....just non-blogging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...