Sunday, January 1, 2017

Blog Hop: Step it Up Occasions Sneak Peek!

Happy New Year to you!! The first of the month always means a new Blog Hop and I'm back to play this time!
With it being a new year, I'm also looking forward to some new goals, with both my business and my crafting. But for today, we'll stick with the blog hop!
On Wednesday January 4th, Stampin' Up! will launch their new Occasions Mini and! their new Sale-A-Bration Mini! Demonstrators get to pre-order from these and I am featuring new products that will be in the Occasions Mini!

First up, I have a basic card. All the stamp images come from one new, adorable set.
Supplies:
Stamps: Moon Baby
Ink: Basic Gray, Bermuda Bay
Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Watercolor Pencils, Aquapainter, Succulent Garden Ribbon, stapler

I stepped it up by adding a mat to the focal image, and a bit of Wink of Stella to the umbrella!
Supplies:
Stamps: Moon Baby
Ink: Basic Gray, Bermuda Bay
Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Wink of Stella, Watercolor Pencils, Aquapainter, Succulent Garden Ribbon, stapler

Now you can hop on over to Cheryl's blog and see what she's created to share with you today! 
Or, you can stick around for a quick tip...
I haven't had a chance to watch any of the new product videos Stampin' Up! makes available. In fact, between moving and everything else going on in my life, I almost missed the pre-order for these two mini's entirely! Consequently, I got to learn something "the hard way" and I'm sharing that with you!
First, I stamped the image on regular Whisper White card stock, and on Watercolor Paper. I used the Memento black ink, which we sold specifically for an old and retired kind of watercolor look, the Blendabilities. You can see the results below...
That poor muddy baby....sheesh!
So I tried using the newest "watercolor-able" ink, the Archival Basic Gray ink pad, on the same two kinds of paper. That turned out much nicer!
I have more Whisper White so I went with that for my final project. And I gave up on coloring the hair... maybe my baby is too plain but I think it turned out pretty cute!
That's all for me today. I have enjoyed the wild journey 2016 was, and I look forward to whatever 2017 holds. I hope you do too! Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. Cute cards! The Archival Ink didn't work as well for me. I will have to try again. Currently I use a lot of StazOn Black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the new water coloring pencils too! I love what you did with moon baby, I want to get that set next so cute thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet baby card! Wink of Stella always adds a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little baby card, I need more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stazon black is my goto for black ink. Cute baby card. The watercolor pencils are way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your tips. I love to watercolor, so I think I really need to get this cute set.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...