Friday, February 3, 2017

Chase Your Dreams!

An unsettling-ly long time ago, haha, I went to Germany for five weeks, with a small exchange group at my school. The instant I saw the Chase Your Dreams stamp set in the Occasions Mini, I knew I had to have it! I actually am still in contact with the girl who stayed with my family, and then I stayed with her family. She just sent us a box of treats and a baby gift for Christmas! I also met one of my very best friends as part of this group. So for sure I could use the stamp set for them. But there are images for France, England, Australia and the United States too! And I know people who want to or have gone to visit each! :) I am excited to put this set to use.

I had an idea to watercolor the scenery around Neuschwanstein (the name of this castle). I don't love how it turned out, but here's attempt #1:

Then I tried a different angle... watercoloring around the castle!

And then I decided it really needed to be its own layer! Fussy cutting is not my favorite, but the castle really has to be white! So it was this, or masking.

But you know what? Experimenting is fun! It's been so long since I've really created- I didn't mind at all!
Supplies:
Stamps: Chase Your Dreams
Ink: Archival Basic Gray
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Dapper Denim card stock
Accessories: Dapper Denim Ruched Ribbon, Watercolor Pencils (temporarily unavailable), Aquapainter, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...