Thursday, August 29, 2024

Pioneer Trek

Hello again! Another scrapbook layout today because this DP is on sale only until Saturday and I do not want you to miss out! And also once again combined with a very old stamp set, or three. I think I got the bootprints in my starter kit, which means it's 20 years old in my stash. Dude. LOL.

This layout is because in my neck of the woods, many people have great-grandparents (more greats than that...) who were actual pioneers, and there are youth activities to give them a tiny slice of a pioneer experience. My daughter went "in memory" of one of my 3rd great-grandmothers. She had to learn what information there was about her, and then they spent three days walking and pulling handcarts and its usually a really great experience. I was glad she got to do this, and she was glad too. 
Supplies:
Stamps: Roughing It, Taffy Alphabet, Classic Alphabet Numbers (all long. retired.)
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso card stocks, Unbounded Beauty DP (ON SALE!!)
Accessories: Scalloped Lace Trim

So back to this DP... First of all, I was excited there was a DP in existence that matched her skirt, haha! And for the strip on the second page, I grunged it up a bit by using a Blending Brush and Crumb Cake ink to make it match her very. dirty. skirt. Can you tell? 
Anyway, it's fun what you can find in your stash, both old and new. And its fun to make things work for what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...