Wednesday, August 28, 2024

The Sky Is the Limit!

Today I have a layout featuring current DP (that is actually on sale for just a couple more days!!) combined with an old stamp set. I often keep my stamp sets, but this one was specifically kept because later the same year it was released, my daughter flew a plane, and I wanted to use it for her scrapbook page, ha! Right now there is a similar plane set, with really great dies available, that coordinates perfectly with this DP. You can order that if you love this suite. But I already have this one..... 

Background story- when I was a child, the only occupation I felt someone 'couldn't do' based on gender, was nursing. When I was 7 and broke my arm, I was shocked that the hospital nurse was a man. In fact I told him men can't be nurses.... Men can be doctors, but only women could be nurses. Sure, women could be doctors too. But that was too weird to my child brain. 
Fast forward many years and not once, but TWICE in the same year, this daughter of mine learned, that women can do anything- be a politician OR a skilled pilot! She was in such awe of a female stunt pilot at the air show, that she decided to be a pilot too. Our family has never flown anywhere, altho my husband and I have flown individually. After a few months of making big plans and big dreams to be a pilot, my husband learned she could go on a short flight with the flight school at one of the local universities. And he set a date for it! 

She has since decided she no longer wants to be a pilot, but she is still so proud of this day. Over the past few years, any time there's been a get-to-know-you activity, flying a plane always comes up. So it is way past time to get this scrapped for her! 
Supplies:
Stamps: Sky Is The Limit (retired)
Ink: Boho Blue, Smoky Slate
Paper: Boho Blue & Basic White card stocks, Take it to the Sky DP (on sale!)
Accessories: 2023-25 In Color Dots 
Journaling Font: Aptos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...