Friday, April 1, 2016

Blog Hop: Step It Up Spring Style!

Well apparently an entire month has passed, which means it is time for another blog hop! Therefore, I have created something to show you!
I got a new stamp set that I haven't got to play with yet. I really wanted to try watercoloring with abstract coloring instead of markers. Well, my first try was not good. I stamped it first, then colored, and even with it drying for a long time, the colors went muddy and the images blurred. sad...
So, I tried again, coloring blobs first, then stamping over the dried color! It's not my favorite card, but my family and friend approved, so here's what you get, haha!

My first card was kept very simple, I just trimmed the bottom part off the Watercolor Paper and separated it from the image part.
But in this blog hop, we like to show you how to step up your projects to make them a little more special. I added three accessories - two strips of Washi Tape, a button, and some twine; and I layered the whole card front onto some colored card stock for a bit more punch!
Supplies:
Stamps: In The Meadow
Ink: Memento Black, Calypso Coral, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Calypso Coral & Mossy Meadow card stocks
Accessories: Botanical Gardens Washi Tape, Neutral Buttons, Crushed Curry Baker's Twine, Glue Dots, Aquapainter

What do YOU think? 
...I think my stamping skillz have gotten rusty... haha! 

Here's hoping for more creative time in April... but in the meantime, go see what Cheryl has created for you, by clicking on the "next" button. And leave us your thoughts! We all like comments! 


4 comments:

  1. Tanya- I think this is very pretty and artistic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it - I think it's a fun technique - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat way to watercolor. It looks really good with that layout style too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...