Thursday, May 3, 2018

One of a Kind kid!

I was supposed to be working on designs for my upcoming card class, but I kept getting stuck and I also kept trying to shush an idea for later. Well, when inspiration strikes, take it! So I made the not-necessary-today card first! And now I'm ready for a birthday in two and a half months! haha...

I knew I was going to have to get this set, and the DP the second I saw it. The wizard totally says "Dumbledore" to me. and my kids love Harry Potter. (they might get that from their parents...) We've had a couple Harry Potter themed parties at this house, so if nothing else, we can use this in scrapbooking. That old wizard also reminds me of Gandalf and Merlin (from the Disney classic Sword in the Stone. My mom has a knight costume set that my kids have played in, and my daughter wore a blanket pinned around her legs hundreds of times to be a mermaid. And what kid doesn't love unicorns and dragons? Yep, this was a scrapbooking must-have.
But even more than the stamp set, the DP totally got me. The little guy I punched out for this card reminds me a lot of Link, of the Zelda video games. And we have more than a couple of those games, and more than one huuuge fan in the house. Ahem. So this card, to me anyway, has Link (complete with a stick to break all the things with), a dragon for him to fight, and a perfect sentiment for my son! And two of three retiring colors he loves! BAM.

This card features a lot of retiring (and already sold out!) products but the stamps are still available! I started with the latest Clean & Simple sketch and it's not exact, but all of the elements are there...I think that kind of counts. I have all the layers, three images and the little tag of ribbon! The dragon is colored with the ink pad and Blender Pens. The little guy is punched out of the DP, and then of course the greeting is stamped.
Supplies:
Stamps: Magical Day (retiring, Bundle with dies retiring too)
Ink: Memento Black, Tangerine Tango (retiring), Lemon Lime Twist
Paper: Tangerine Tango (retiring), Dapper Denim (retiring), Lemon Lime Twist & Whisper White card stocks, Myths & Magic DP (sold out!)
Accessories: Silver Ribbon (retiring), 1 3/8 Inch Circle Punch (sold out!), Dimensionals, staple

2 comments:

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...