Wednesday, August 1, 2018

We Create Summer Blog Hop

At the first of every month, we have a fun little blog hop to inspire you. And it seems like every month is coming at me faster and faster! August already?? YIKES!!
Well, in my neck of the woods, it is HOT. It is way hot. And dry. Sooo dry. And since our theme this month is summer, I went with hot, summery colors! And flowers, because even without rain for weeks we have wildflowers growing in the field behind my house.

My card today uses the latest Fall to Layout. I happen to need at least four Thinking of You cards mailed out right now, so that's the greeting I picked. I love the look the Stampin' Blends give and I hadn't tried it on this flower yet. I thought it was time, plus, I really love this flower image!
Supplies:
Stamps: Love What You Do, Colorful Seasons
Ink: Memento Black, Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Blends Color Lifter
Paper: Calypso Coral, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Calypso Coral Ombre Ribbon, Seasonal Layers Thinlit Dies, Big Shot

What does summer look like to you?
Hop on over to Cheryl's blog, and then hop all the way thru- we have some great players along here! I hope you feel motivated to create something beautiful too! And leave us your thoughts, everyone loves comments!

7 comments:

  1. Your summer colors represent Oklahoma too. It's HOT here as well. Your card is beautiful. That stamp was just made for the Blends. Calypso Coral is a great summer color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot Hot Hot! We are trying to stay cool as well. Great use of the scalloped die and layers. The black really pops the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did the layered scallop at the bottom. I agree, it is a beautiful flower. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am now getting excited when it's under 110...if that tells you anything. I adore that scalloped layer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Where is the scalloped border from...Love the simplicity of your card <3
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Perfect use of the sketch!

    My summer has been mostly hot, with a few big storms thrown in. Now that it's August, the nights are a bit cooler, which is a happy relief!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color combination. I love the clean and simple design of this card. Simply stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...