Monday, July 30, 2018

Techniques!!

Annnd then I quit stamping..... Summer is so busy!! However, today I got several things stamped, so I'm set for posts for a few days...
This past week I had two rounds of my missed Christmas Card class. That was fun! And I was so excited to get planning my next class! That's a different story, haha, but at my classes when I would try to point out a tool or a technique on my display board, I kept discovering I didn't have any! With a little one, my crafting has become even more simple than it already was, and I literally use stamps, ink and paper and that's pretty much it! So when I placed my order I got stuff for a new-to-me technique! And today's card is full of them!

My card {mostly} uses the color combination found on the Fab Friday blog, the second sketch from the Fall to Layouts, and is heavily inspired by THIS card by Cathy Caines. It includes watercoloring, embossing paste, a punch, Wink of Stella and a little basic stamping. haha...!
Supplies:
Stamps: Little Twinkle
Ink: Stazon Black, Mint Macaron, Tranquil Tide
Paper: Powder Pink, Mint Macaron, Watercolor Paper, Silver Glimmer Paper 
Accessories: Twinkle Builder Punch, Aquapainter, Embossing Paste, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Palette Knives, Wink of Stella pen, White Bakers Twine, Glue Dots 

Maybe you can see the Wink of Stella on the big "twinkle" better here?
Anyway, it obviously took more time than my normal creations, but it was fun! I used Tranquil Tide ink, with an Aquapainter to make the background. After it dried I tried my hand at the Embossing Paste for the first time. I only wanted a few clouds, and they are more transparent than I expected but maybe I didn't use enough? I stamped the greeting, and after a minute added the Wink of Stella just to the scripty "twinkle". And then I used the punch on the glitter paper, sticking scraps in to get more stars. All of that was adhered with Glue Dots. I stamped the little constellation around the edges of the card base for a little interest and to reiterate the star thing. Finally I wrapped some Baker's Twine to keep with the sketch, and I love how it turned out!

And just to show I used the set again already, I threw together this baby card using an image I stamped and colored a few months ago.
Yeay card making!!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Such beautiful shimmer to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, this is SO lovely - I love all the details you added over the watercolor wash - I need to pull out my EP more! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...