Wednesday, January 9, 2019

#simplestamping

This fall, with the 30th Anniversary of Stampin' Up! they issued a challenge to demonstrators, to encourage more "simple" stamping. Showing off the fact that we can still make something pretty without owning everything in the catalog (as fun as that would absolutely be, haha!). Well, my style has always been closer to simple stamping than it has to the more complicated, layered projects. I love them, I just struggle to make it work together well. I've had to learn to incorporate all the accessories and embellishments and beautiful papers on my cards, haha. Also, if you've been a long-time reader, you'll know that our monthly blog hop used to focus on a simple card and a stepped up version, so simple is usually pretty easy for me.

I haven't stamped much in the last several weeks, like early December, so I thought starting off very simple would be a good jumping-back-in point. Also, I need to mail out at least four cards...so I picked an easy stamp set, a variety of colors to vary the card (the In Colors that retire THIS summer!!) and went for a super mailable, easy design! What do you think? I did use multiple stamp sets for the greetings so that these cards fit who I needed to send them to, but it really is just stamps, ink and paper!

Powder Pink is tricky to see in a picture, haha,
so here's a close up.
Supplies:
Stamps: Love What You Do, Part of My Story
Ink: Powder Pink, Memento Black
Paper: Whisper White

Supplies:
Stamps: Love What You Do
Ink: Berry Burst , Memento Black
Paper: Whisper White
Supplies:
Stamps: Love What You Do
Ink: Fresh Fig, Memento Black
Paper: Whisper White

Supplies:
Stamps: Love What You Do, PS You're The Best
Ink: Tranquil Tide, Memento Black
Paper: Whisper White

Supplies:
Stamps: Love What You Do, Wishing You Well
Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Memento Black
Paper: Whisper White

These are really very simple cards. Do you like simple stamping or do you prefer to add a little bit of everything? Or maybe somewhere in the middle, like I usually do? haha....
Anyway, the best part of this story is that two of these cards went out yesterday and I should get two more out tomorrow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...