Friday, January 25, 2019

Hey Love!

Today's card uses a technique I learned at the very first Stampin' Up! workshop I ever attended, waaay back in 2003. Yep. For the Make & Take, we used a stamp set that was all images, and a stamp set that was all words and repeated the word of our choice in Versamark, as subtle "patterned paper". We used one image to go along with it, and we used silver cord, haha! I didn't even realize the metallic thread connection til I typed that sentence! Anyway, back then everything I did was very much considered #simplestamping. I was trying to save money on supplies by not buying them, haha, and saving {hoarding?} what I did buy. I even know who I mailed that first card to.

For this card, I used the latest sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, and built the card around the stamp set I wanted to play with. This is easily the most Valentine-y card I have in my upcoming class. The colors, the jar of hearts, and the repeated sentiment make it very festive, haha! With all the pink, it is likely going to go to my daughter. But I really like how it turned out and I hope my class attendees do too!
Supplies:
Stamps: Jar Of Love
Ink: Memento Black, Berry Burst, Powder Pink
Paper: Powder Pink, Whisper White & Berry Burst card stock
Accessories: Gold Thread, Dimensionals

annnd a less washed-out view, that is too dark, ha...
Tips-
- I mounted both the "HEY," and the "Love" on the block at the same time and stamped that way.
- I inked the Powder Pink hearts before the Berry Burst. Maybe that's obvious, but maybe it isn't, but it can be important with the clear, photopolymer stamp sets.
- I don't really know how to make thread look good, haha, I just stick Dimensionals all over the back and twist the thread around. Then it's stuck! haha!

3 comments:

  1. Your jar of hearts is delightful! Sweet Valentine! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! Your jar of hearts is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love jars full of love! (My blog....) Thank you for playing along in this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...