Tuesday, January 1, 2019

We Create The Blues Blog Hop

And here we are, starting a brand new year, with a great blog hop, full of inspiration to get you creating your own projects! Welcome 2019!
This month we went with a color theme- the cold, wintery BLUES! Blue can be exactly that- cold and crisp. But it can also be calm and soothing. Blue has always been one of my favorite colors so this was a perfect place to start the new year.

My card uses two shades of blue- selected from the DP that coordinates with the stamp set I picked! I also used the latest sketch from the Global Design Project page.  I liked this sketch because it allows the DP to shine, which makes the phrase work so well!
Supplies:
Stamps: Little Twinkle
Ink: Night of Navy, Pool Party
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Twinkle Twinkle DP
Accessories: Wink of Stella, Pearlized Doilies, Glue Dots

I'm working on designing an upcoming Valentine/Love themed card class and this will probably be one of the cards we make- using this cute set as an "I love you" card instead of for a baby card! What do you think? There really is Wink of Stella on "you" and "stars" but it is very hard to see, especially on a cloudy, snowy day, haha....
Anyway, hop on to see what Cheryl has made to inspire you, and then hop on to see everyone else's creations too! It's not a long blog hop, but it will get your creative wheels turning! And have a very happy new year!

5 comments:

  1. Great card! I need to get back into doing the sketch challenges. Good inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely one of my favourite suites of the annual catalogue... Love what you have done with it here <3
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the DSP - totally completes the card and ties into the sentiment. Love how Stampin UP provides us the products to do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable. I think it would be a great non-traditional Valentine's card. Your customers will love to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love that DSP...I've been hoarding mine. I wish they had a pack of just that one design! Such a sweet card, thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...