Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Bright, Flowery Birthday

Today's card is really bright, haha... But that is okay because it keeps trying to snow at my house, so maybe here's some sunshine? I need a number of birthday cards this week, so that's what I finally played with!

I love this new How Sweet It Is DP from the Occasions Mini, but I think it has to be used in small doses, haha! I wanted to use some of it today, and I thought the latest Mojo Monday sketch was just right! Also, since I picked these rainbow-y stripes, it fits the current Retro Rubber challenge perfectly- and the Jar of Love stamp set is from at least 2016, if not earlier. I picked the flower colors from the DP (and it sounds like a fruit salad on my desk, haha) I've been wanting to play with this pretty ribbon too.

It's not the simplest card, but overall I like it. I don't love the way the jar and the greeting panel line up a little too well, but I'd already done all the stamping and everything before I realized that, so here it is anyway. And I'm pretty sure the recipient won't mind.
Supplies:
Stamps: Jar of Love, Well Said
Ink: Memento Black, Pineapple Punch, Melon Mambo, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Whisper White card stocks, How Sweet It Is DP
Accessories: Coastal Cabana/Granny Apple Green Reversible Ribbon, Everyday Jars dies, Well Written dies, Big Shot, Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! I just made a card with that same rainbow stripe paper for the same challenge, haha! It's pretty fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see Jar of Love in action again. The rainbow bouquet is so cheery - how could anyone not enjoy getting it?! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card. Love that beautiful flower arrangement. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, I love the pretty flowers and the fact that the background paper coordinates with them so well. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use the rainbow in both the background and the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for our Rainbow challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...