Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Autumn Leaves!

As is often the case, as soon as I post about no time to stamp.....I stamp. lol. I really really wanted to play and I was somewhere between totally stumped and totally overwhelmed. And then for no reason at all, this worked together beautifully, and I love it. 

I combined the SUO Challenge of "autumn", with the CAS Colours & Sketches color challenge, and The Paper Players theme to use either scarecrows or leaves! ...altho I'm not sure how "clean and simple" my card ended up... 

I thought the Merry Merlot, Calpyso Coral and Mossy Meadow would make great watercolored leaves, so I inked up a block with the ink pads, spritzed a little water on it, and laid the block onto Very Vanilla card stock. 

Then I die cut the leaves out of the watercolored section. I did a bit of stamping behind the leaves, which is the biggest reason I think it's not exactly clean and simple. But I like it so it's fine. haha! Everything except the card stock and ink came from the July-Dec Mini Catalog.  

Supplies:
Stamps: Perched In A Tree
Ink: Merry Merlot, Calypso Coral, Mossy Meadow, Flirty Flamingo, Soft Suede
Paper: Very Vanilla & Mossy Meadow card stock
Accessories: Leaf Label & Amber Gem combo pack, Woven Ribbon, Aspen Trees Dies, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, big shot

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Tanya! Great technique, and I LOVE the colors you chose for Fall - those leaves are amazing! Thanks so much for playing at SU Only!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya your cascade of inky leaves is very pretty and the abundance of white space and minimal embellishments keeps a CAS feel. Thanks for playing along with us over at CAS Colours and Sketches and The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made the watercolor wash and then die cut the leaves out of it, such a great way to get beautiful color variations. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your leaves are gorgeous! I love the white space and how the color pops! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what a striking pop of fall color on your leaves. So pretty! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's so much everything to love about your beautiful card and technique for your leaves. Stunning! Thank you so much for joining us over at Stampin' Up! Only Challenges and we hope to see you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These smooshed leaves are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great technique on those leaves! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...