Thursday, September 14, 2023

In My Thoughts

I don't know about your corner of the world but here there has been a lot of loss and heartbreak. The biggest reason I haven't shared a single thing in about a month is that my sweet mother in law passed away. She was 89 and in declining health, but she was one of those amazing humans who loved and welcomed everyone in her path. So her being gone now is keenly felt even by those who weren't part of her family. 

But I've got a number of friends who also lost family members in that same month. Some of them sent us something or otherwise supported us and I am clearly running behind. So here's a quick card to send our love as well, and I happen to think it came out stunningly. 

I combined the autumnal color challenge from The Paper Players, along with last weeks sketch from SUO Challenges, and their newest SUO Challenge of silhouette stamping. This isn't exactly how it was shown, but it is a silhouette... And for the inked panel, I used post it notes to frame the rectangle and Blending Brushes for the sunset look.
Supplies:
Stamps: Lighting The Way, In The Moment
Ink: Wild Wheat, Copper Clay, Pretty Peacock, Pebbled Path
Paper: Very Vanilla
Accessories: Blending Brushes

Then, ha, I loved this result so much, I played again, but this time with the color challenge from Just Add Ink. I knew that would be great for a sympathy card, but nothing was jumping out at me to use.... Oh, this. This layout is kinda perfect! 
Supplies: 
Stamps: Lighting The Way, In The Moment
Ink: Crumb Cake, Misty Moonlight, Mossy Meadow
Paper: Basic White
Accessories: Blending Brushes

And three more cards are on their way! 

7 comments:

  1. Both are gorgeous!! And, it's most certainly silhouettes!! I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Tanya! These cards are clean and simple perfection! Your friends will treasure them. Thank you for sharing them with The Paper Players. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your MIL...no matter the circumstances, it's always hard to lose a loved one. But your simple sympathy cards are just gorgeous, and we are happy you were able to use our colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing a little information about your mother in law. She sounds like a wonderful person. Your use of the colors in this wonderful CAS card works beautifully. So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are beautiful. I'm so sorry for the loss of your MIL. Hugs to you. Cindy Coutts @ SUOChallenges.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tanya, so sorry to hear about the loss of your MIL. Hope you're feeling up to creating again soon, but grief is a process. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards with us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...