Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Color Throwdown!

Happy Wednesday to you!
Today I have some very happy, because I was selected by Color Throwdown to play along this week! 
This is their challenge image, and you can find it here: Color Throwdown #801 
And this is how I used these pretty autumny colors:
and a slightly different angle of lighting... 
Supplies:
Stamps: Encircled in Nature
Ink: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Night of Navy
Paper: Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze
Accessories: Iridescent Foil Gems, Encircled in Nature dies, Exposed Brick embossing folder, Dimensionals, Blending Brush, Tombow adhesive, big shot (retired)

I tried inking the embossing folder, but I guess the ink was too wet because it just made a mess. So I ran it thru again and this time swiped my ink pad across the raised edges. I like how it wasn't full-coverage and I think that adds to the distressed look. I used a Blending Brush with Crumb Cake ink on the center cut out part of the wreath, and then left the wreath itself plain, to stand out a bit more. I cut an extra leaf die and layered it on top. And I really love the result! 

I hope you get to stay inside during this super hot week and get some crafting done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...