Saturday, July 6, 2024

9th Grade

I got this page done for my son's first day of 9th grade quite a while ago, but moving out of the draft folder is always a good thing.
Here's something interesting.... you may notice, lots of his pages have weird angles and wonky placement, and most of them have fun, bright colors. That's my boy in a few words. This time, I found this kit and thought it would be great for an "older" kid. I laid out the papers that I liked the patterns of and chose some edge stickers. I glued it all down and then started on the journaling and realized.... This was the school year he hated more than anything. We were building our house and temporarily living across the valley. He couldn't go to school at "his" school for the first quarter and he couldn't BE "home" and he struggled with that. So how interestingly fitting that I used colors he wouldn't pick and lines he wouldn't love to capture this year. And I didn't even do it on purpose. Huh. Funny what comes through....
Anyway, this was another Simply Scrappin' kit and it DOES make a nice masculine page! Even if it isn't his style. Another one done! Yeay!!
Supplies:
Tailor-Made Simply Scrappin' Kit, Linen Thread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...