Saturday, December 1, 2018

We Create Christmas Blog Hop

Hooray for December!! I am one who loooves the music, the decorations, the lights, the events, the shopping, the wrapping, the baking.... ALL the Christmas things! I really just love Christmastime! So I am excited about this blog hop!
For my projects, I picked the Making Christmas Bright bundle. It's this fun Christmas lights stamp set, and a punch perfect for punching out the light bulbs. I love it! 

First, I wanted to use a non-traditional color scheme. I needed bright colors for this card, and apparently this is the first time I stamped the light bulbs instead of punching them! I used the latest Freshly Made sketch for the layout, and added some more bright bling with Silver Glimmer paper for the screw part (does it have a name??) and some silver sequins. The Take Your Pick tool definitely helps with the sequins!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Making Christmas Bright
Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo
Paper: Lemon Lime Twist, Flirty Flamingo & Whisper White card stock, Silver Glimmer DP
Accessories: Christmas Bulb Builder Punch, Metallic sequins, Take Your Pick Tool, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

And then, I wanted to use more traditional colors for another idea. I loved the sponged bulbs I saw on THIS Artisan blog hop card and I've been anxious to give it a try! My light bulbs didn't turn out quite like hers, but I'm still very happy with them! For this card I used the latest Fall to Layout, and some of this beautiful bokeh print DP! And of the two, this is definitely my favorite card!  
Supplies:
Stamps: Making Christmas Bright
Ink: Real Red, Shaded Spruce
Paper: Real Red, Shaded Spruce, Whisper White card stocks, All is Bright DP, Gold Glimmer DP
Accessories: Christmas Bulb Builder Punch, Gold Thread, Dimensionals

Now click the "Next" button to hop on over and see what Cheryl has created to inspire your Christmas season! Then hop thru everyone's blogs, and be sure and leave us your thoughts- everyone loves feedback! And Happy December! I hope you have a month filled with happiness and peace!  

8 comments:

  1. the Bokeh effect paper with the light bulb ornaments really caught my eye. I like the ethereal look it haves Very Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that 2nd card! The DSP is perfect and so are the glimmer accents. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards! I do love those lights! They are so fun! Lemon Lime Twist is one of my favourite colours!! The sequins are perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sequins on card #1 look like snow 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! I love the way you used the gold glimmer paper! So dazzling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are beautiful! I want to take the top card and put it on scrapbook page. I haven't seen the sponged Christmas lights before. Those are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colors are fabulous - SO fresh! I love your use of one panel for the bulbs and the other for the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card designs. Love the bokeh background and traditional colors of the second card and the fun non traditional colors you used for the first card. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...