Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentine's Day!

I finally got Valentine's  cards made for my big kids, but not until yesterday afternoon. Fortunately, the cards are much more "all occasion" than they are Valentine specific, so you can still find inspiration! ...even if I used some very retired supplies on these, haha.

Both cards use the latest sketch from the Clean & Simple blog.

This card for my son uses his two favorite colors, has blue headphones like he does, and a very retired star embossing folder. When he was little he loooved stars. He would point them out everywhere! And I can't seem to get away from that. I still find myself pulling out star things for his stuff. 'cause I'm a cool mom like that.... haha...
Oh, this also uses a color combo from Splitcoaststampers.com
Supplies:
Stamps; Epic Celebrations
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Berry Burst, Peekaboo Peach
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Peekaboo Peach & Whisper White card stocks, Color Theory DP
Accessories: Big Shot, Lucky Stars Embossing Folder (retired!), White Baker's Twine, Dimensionals

This card uses the color combo from the Inky Friends blog, and again, the same sketch as above. I almost never use a color combo because I usually find them too tricky and I over think it and I rarely like the result. In this case, I planned on the Lemon Lime Twist because it is exactly my daughter's favorite color, and the Berry Burst to throw in some pink for Valentines, and then I realized it was most of this challenge already! So I added some Soft Sky! 
Supplies:
Stamps: Making a Point (retired!)
Ink: Memento Black, Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst, Soft Sky
Paper: Soft Sky, Lemon Lime Twist & Whisper White card stocks, Color Theory DP
Accessories: Big Shot, Chevron Embossing Folder (retired!), White Baker's Twine, Blender Pens, Dimensionals

Anyway, when the kids woke up this morning, their cards and a little treat was at their spot on the dining table.
Happy Valentines Day to you, and I hope you have a great Wednesday no matter what!

1 comment:

  1. Love both of your cards! Awesome takes on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...