Thursday, February 1, 2018

Blog Hop: Stepped up Scrapping!

February already??
The first of the month means a Blog Hop! Today I am ridiculously excited to share a stepped up scrapbook page with you! Scrapbooking is my real love, my real paper crafting passion, and the real thing that led me to join Stampin' Up! I have been scrapbooking for 24 years (which is slightly horrifying...) except for the last two years and I miss it so much! And this, I am both very happy and a little bit sad to say, is my baby's first page ever!

First the very simple version: a few pictures, some pretty paper and a little stamping...
and then, the stepped up version! Mat the words, add some cute embellishments, and it's even better!
Supplies:
Stamps: Colorful Seasons
Ink: Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Dark Night of Navy Stampin' Blends Marker, Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends Marker
Paper: Whisper White, Calypso Coral & Night of Navy card stock, Delightful Daisy DP
Accessories: Old Olive Baker's Twine, Calypso Coral Ombre Ribbon, Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

See how cute?? I colored the Pearls with the Stampin' Blends markers and that adds a fun pop! I couldn't get the twine to stop bending, but I think it works fine anyway.
I love stamping in my scrapbooks, too! At the first Stampin' Up! workshop I ever attended, the demonstrator pointed out that stamps are muuuuch cheaper than stickers. With the inventory I soon collected, I'm not sure that's 100% accurate, hahaha, but you can re-use them over and over and over! 

And since it is winter and overcast and lighting is tricky with photos anyway, here's a shot with a flash that may or may not allow you to see the page better....?
What have you been creating lately? I am determined to scrapbook this year. I have a goal and everything, haha! And since I got this one done, there's no reason I can't keep going!

I hope this inspired you to step up your stamped projects! Hop on over to see what Lynn made, and then hop thru the whole group! You won't be disappointed!

5 comments:

  1. I think I've been scrapping for about 22 years, though I took a few years off when I discovered Stampin' Up and made only cards. I probably won't ever catch up but I still enjoy the process! And....I haven't done a single page with my baby on it :p. Yay for you for getting started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how adorable!!! And the page isn't half bad, either. Lol, just playing...but your baby is so cute, there's no page that wouldn't be adorable with her on it. I won't even tell you how behind I am with scrapbooking. :-O Thanks for sharing this cuteness today :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos! She is just the cutest! Those pearls that you colored with the blends look awesome! What a great tip. I love the stepped up page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to add the embellishments! Cute how the outfit matches! But, I guess you planned it that way! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute page! Love the embellishments. They do add quite a bit. Can't believe she's so big already.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...