Friday, September 21, 2018

Minimal Supplies!

It's been a while.
It feels like ages ago, but I blogged, then I had a class, then my family was evacuated due to wild fires. Three of them, headed right for us. UGH.

This pic (below) was taken from across the street from my front door, just as I drove away...
We did have about a 6 hour warning, but I kinda think nothing prepares you for that. We went to my parents, which is where we lived while building our house. But, it's roughly an hour away from our end of the world, and that has been tricky, to say the least. 1/3 of the high school is evacuated, and many of them evacuated within school boundaries. So, they're keeping schools open so that kids have a place to go while parents are at work and also to keep some consistency for all the kids. There have been countless miracles and sooo many instances of amazing, generous people. It has been truly amazing to watch. But, it has also been difficult convincing a toddler to sleep at grandparents' for naps and bedtime, day after day after day.... We're a week into this, and we're supposed to expect at least another week. We're also getting up an hour earlier than usual so that my husband can get the kids to school on time, and then one or both of us have to be out there in the evenings with all the sports and appointments and all the things...! It has been an adventure...! haha! 

We have been able to get up to our home a couple times. When we left, we literally took the bare essentials, and three days worth of clothes, which we thought was excessive. When my husband went back the first time, he got the food that would go bad, the dirty clothes hamper (best idea ever, from my neighbor) and a couple more "essentials". And then he got to go back again, after we were told to expect 2 more weeks. He needed work clothes, but since he was there...! I had him grab some of my stamp supplies, like my Big Shot and inks, and he got a few stamp sets too. Hooray!!

Anyway, yesterday I was home all day long, and my mom and I decided we needed some creative time! We each made four Christmas cards for her to use (since we're using her supplies). I wanted to try an idea that's been spinning, for a suuuper simple card I may use at an upcoming class. Very quick, very pretty!
A slightly different one...
And finally a different idea I saw another demonstrator share.
All three cards use exactly the same supplies. I wanted to see if I thought it would be striking enough with white on white and I really like how it turned out. Really, this is going to be a favorite set!

Supplies:
Stamps: Wishing You Well
Ink: Granny Apple Green, Real Red
Paper: Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...