Friday, February 1, 2019

We Create Blushing Blog Hop

Hello, hello! Another month, another blog hop!
This month, in honor of Valentine's Day, we're focusing on our selection of red and pink colors. I used two shades: Cherry Cobbler & Petal Pink! I also used a set from the still new Occasions Mini catalog.

This card uses a great sketch from a couple weeks ago on the TGIF Challenges blog. For the couple, I colored his hair with the Bronze marker, and then used a little Color Lifter. For her hair, I drew with the Dark Basic Black marker, then I colored over all of it with the Light Basic Black. Both of their skin was colored with the Ivory marker, and then a little Color Lifter on his arm. His shirt is done with the Dark Cherry Cobbler, and a little Color Lifter. Her shirt is layers of the Dark Petal Pink, which is still really pale! I wasn't 100% sure how I'm going to use this card so I picked the most generic greeting of the set, haha!
Supplies:
Stamps: To Have & To Hold
Ink: Memento Black
Stampin' Blends: Dark & Light Basic Black, Dark Cherry Cobbler, Dark Petal Pink, Bronze, Ivory, Color Lifter
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Petal Pink, Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: White Bakers Twine, Big Shot, Circle Dies, Dimensionals

This is definitely a card for my Valentine/Love class! I wanted this set the second I saw it, I just am going to need more Stampin' Blends to color these two in! haha!

Now hop on over to Cheryl's blog to see her creations, and then hop thru to everyone else's! We'll get you in the mood for some bright, happy February crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Awwww! What a sweet card. I'll have to get this set out and play with it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you matched the shirts to the cardstock. Totally something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card design. The colors really bring the image to life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might be a little partial, but I love your use of the TGIF sketch ;) Your card turned out lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the story behind the images of this stamp set and how they were created. You did a great job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, very rich and deep color combo. Thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...