Friday, May 14, 2021

December Daily 2020

In the crafting and scrapbooking world, there is a concept called December Daily. It's an Ali Edwards idea to create an album to capture one story a day for the month of December to scrap your holiday season. The idea is to do it ahead of time before you're too busy. The trouble is, for example, we don't get to go sledding every December because some times there isn't snow. And I don't know until I get there how many times we're going to bake, or what recipes we'll end up using. And things like that. So I have adapted the concept to work for me, kind of backwards from her method. 

I've only done it three times, 2009, 2016 and now 2020. I "start" by saving my photos into daily folders on my computer. I take notes of what we did that day, funny quotes, whatever, and then later, after the holidays, hahaha, I put it together. This time, I ordered the 6x8 Album and four packs of the 6x8 photo pocket pages. I printed a LOT of photos, and I pulled out allll the various Christmas-themed Memories & More cards and older Project Life card packs Stampin' Up! has sold over the last few years. THIS ONE is still available on the Clearance Rack. I own that one, and at least four others. I laid them all out and got to work! 

Here are some of the layouts:









It took me about six days total to put this little book together. Two to lay out and trim photos, one to pick pocket cards to help fill in and allow me to write the story, and three to write it all out, haha.... But now I have a small book, telling all about how we celebrated Christmas in 2020! We started decorating on Friday Nov 27, and it goes thru New Years Eve. It is 54 pages long (counting both sides of the page) with 32 journaling pockets, and every single day is mentioned. 

And, my kids love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...