Thursday, August 3, 2023

I like you!

I keep hoping for some stamping time + inspiration and it just is not happening lately. I'm mentally preoccupied with other things that are coming up that I need to do, and I'm physically distracted with still making the most of summer time! But I did get some time today so here's something new! This is a new-to-me stamp set and like I said on my facebook post the other day- I got to try the new style of marker! 

Today's card uses the latest Color Throwdown Challenge, which is so calm and pretty! Just tricky to photograph the shade of green I chose... 

Supplies:
Stamps: Stamped With Love
Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Seafoam, both markers too
Paper: Soft Seafoam, Basic White card stocks
Accessories: Festive Pearls, White twine, Timeworn Type embossing folder, Blending Brush, big shot (retired)

I used a Blending Brush to very lightly add a bit of Crumb Cake to the embossed part of the front panel. I cut out the post box, and popped it on Dimensionals. I will admit, the greeting panel feels just a bit 'out of no where' but it kind of works so it's fine. HA. 

Thoughts on the new markers? The lids are different- shorter, maybe thinner, and they don't stick to the other end. I used the "bullet" point side of the markers to color in a bit of the flourish above the word "post" and also the hole the letter goes in to. I never, ever use that point except to very occasionally add journaling in the matching color, so that's a good change for me. I like how it colored and I will do it again. 

Are you making anything pretty this week? When you're done admiring your work, send it to someone! 

1 comment:

  1. Such a great vintage look card!!
    Love the SU! set..
    I'm sending my card out I made for this challenge tomorrow!!!!
    Much HUGS!
    -- Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...