Thursday, September 1, 2016

Blog Hop: Stepped "over"!

Happy September to you, and welcome to our monthly Blog Hop!
Lately with our Blog Hops we've been showing you a basic card and then a Stepped Up version....Today, at least some of us are sharing a "stepped over" version- using an every day card and a holiday card to show different supplies used in basically the same way!

One reason we wanted to share a holiday themed card is that the brand new Holiday Mini goes live today and YOU can order from it!!! (and trust me, you'll fall in love with something! I placed a huge order and the customers who have talked to me about their catalog also have long wish lists!)

First of all, I used a recent TGIF Challenge to CASE (copy and share everything) a favorite something that has been shared in the month of August. I picked the third project in THIS post- the chalkboard card that I found so striking. And I used it for both of my card designs.
And I'm just going to apologize now for the quality of photos before the sun is up here today...it was so much one of those months and I didn't get these projects done til after 11pm last night!

So starting with the everyday card, I used the exact same layout Krista did. The color scheme came from some curtains I recently saw- mint curtains trimmed in a shade very similar to our Tip Top Taupe! The cute DP and the ribbon come from the Holiday Mini!
Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly Basics
Ink: Tip Top Taupe, Mint Macaron
Paper: Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe, Very Vanilla card stocks, Petals & Paisleys DP
Accessories: Ribbon Trio Pack, Linen Thread, Dimensionals

Then I used the exact same design for this Christmas card, other than I turned it on its side! You, well, *I can never have enough Christmas cards and this stamp set is found in the regular catalog but I ordered it with my Holiday Mini order and have been anxiously awaiting using it. The gold twine comes from the Holiday Mini! 
And the DP? That's the Pop of Pink that is mostly pink and black in the regular catalog! haha...! 
Supplies:
Stamps: Joyful Nativity
Ink: Real Red, Memento Black
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red card stocks, Pop Of Pink DP
Accessories: Bakers Twine Trio Pack, Dimensionals

I kept my projects fairly simple, but the layers seem to add a lot. Isn't it cool how the very same card can be used in so many ways and have a completely different feel? It is a simple concept, but I'm the first to admit that when I signed up to be a demonstrator, it took me a long while to figure out how to swap out images to make completely different cards from the same design. haha.... So don't feel bad if something trips you up too!

Now, hop on over to Jeanna's blog and continue on to see what everyone else has created for your inspiration! Also, leave us your thoughts! We all love comments!

2 comments:

  1. Tanya, I LOVE the color combo on your birthday card! Both of these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE - I love the color combo on the first card, and I love how you could actually create multiples of your Christmas card without making yourself insane!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...