Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Christmas Is Coming!

Happy Tuesday to you! I hope my American readers had a lovely long weekend! Mine was not exactly relaxing, but I did steal a few naps! Also, it has stopped being quite so hot, so that part was great, haha! And yesterday I got a decent amount of stamping in, and the table is still covered so I guess I'll just have to stamp some more today...!

If you've been reading my blog much this year, you know I'm expecting a baby very soon, and building a house that should be done about a month later...! So I am prepping for Christmas much earlier than usual! (For the record, that's not a bad thing, haha!) And this year I have both a mailed class planned, and am hoping, hoping, hoping for a live class very soon...!!! Which means I really need to play with my fun new Holiday Mini order! And of course that is what I did!

However, today's sample will not be featured in a class. Perhaps another variation, if I come up with something, but die cutting the stars one by one is too time consuming for a class setting. I might make a few more, because I love how it turned out, and this is definitely inspiration so that YOU can make it yourself too! *grin
I got the idea from last week's blog hop. Julie designed a wreath for one of her samples, in case you missed it.

Enough chatter- on with the card! I used two different die sets for the wreath, the greeting and the stars come from one stamp set, and then the bow comes from a set of Baker's Twine found in the Holiday Mini! The wreath itself is actually the large die, cut twice and layered. And I thought the little stars looked like poinsettias used this way.
Supplies:
Stamps: Star of Light
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Garden Green card stocks
Accessories: Baker's Twine Trio Pack (Gold & Cherry Cobbler), Swirly Scribbles Thinlit Dies, Starlight Thinlit Dies, Big Shot, Glue Dots

Expect more Christmas samples in the next few weeks! And of course I'll throw in some other events too...! haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...