Monday, November 23, 2009

Disconnected Events

Saturday I participated in a holiday shopping event held by a neighbor. She contacted her home-business friends and hosted this huge event. I had catalogs, order forms and gift certificates available, but also had most of my stash of cards, a few retired stamp sets, old Idea Books, and a few other 3-D type projects for sale.

In order to sell cards and items that use Stampin' Up! images, you have to acknowledge their art. (Most, if not all stamp companies have what is called an Angel Policy, that allows you to sell their images.) I have two stamp sets that let me do this- one is retired, but still works! -and the other is this:

Only the top three count for the Angel Policy, because those top three include the "Copyright Stampin' Up!" phrase at the bottom! See? ...and you can also see that I took some time to sign some of my cards too! haha!

~~~~~~~

In a completely unrelated event, earlier this week I helped the 8-11 year old girls from my church make the following thank you cards. Their group had some oooold scrapbooking paper, but trimming it down (and cutting out some images) made it less overwhelming. *grin* And I supplied the card bases and stamps.

The girls were so funny...one girl pressed down and rocked on her stamp for a good 60-90 seconds because her friend's 'thank you' didn't show up all the way. Another jumped up and down while pressing the stamp onto her card (for "enough" pressure) insisting to her friend that "she already knew all about stamps." The best part tho was how excited they were to "make THREE cards! Wow, that's a lot." LOL!

As for me, I learned that the girls are exactly the same as the boys of the same age- since I'm a cub scout leader. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...