Wednesday, July 4, 2012

America the Beautiful!

Happy, happy Independence Day! We had a pretty low-key day, but we did come up to my parents and enjoy some yummy dutch oven cooking, and then got to enjoy a fabulous firework show in a tiny town. I love the 4th of July because I AM proud to be an American. I love our gorgeous flag which is hung in many more places, and all the great music that stirs the soul, and the fact that people ignore politics this week to just be proud of our heritage. That's important to me and I love it.

Earlier this week I came across a scrapbooking challenge to make a page dedicated to the beauty of our country. I happen to live in a state filled to the brim with a wide variety of beautiful landscapes. I also had these photos printed and waiting for me to play with them. I thought they fit quite well- between the hike itself, the views from the top and the stunning summer sunset, it captures a few facets of what I find beautiful in America.
Plus, it makes for a great post on July 4th!

I wanted to emphasize the sunset on the page so I sponged the journaling square with four inks to make it look like the setting sun. I have hiking boot prints from the Daring Adventure stamp set to emphasize the hiking part, lol.
and here's a closeup for how my own sunset worked out, plus the journaling in case you care. *grin This was at a family reunion last Labor Day weekend, which we held at the scout camp my husband has run 5 different summers.
Supplies:
Stamps: Daring Adventure, Just Perfect Alphabet (retired)
Ink: Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Always Artichoke
Paper: Cajun Craze, Old Olive card stocks
Accessories: Stamping Sponges

I hope you had a happy and safe 4th of July too!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, and I love the way you've drawn out the colors of the sunset! Your journaling box is especially creative and striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pages! Love the journaling square with the sunset and footprints.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...