Thursday, July 12, 2012

New Stuff!

This time I used last week's Mojo Monday sketch and a bunch of new toys! The stamps are new, the blue ink is new (Midnight Muse!), the button is new and the DP is new to me, lol! The sketch called for an oval shaped focal point, but I wanted to stamp ON the DP as well as use it for the whole rectangle. I cut out a free-hand oval and laid it over the middle and sponged the rest with Crumb Cake ink. Then, I laid down the paper I cut the oval from, and stamped the flowers and leaves inside the hole. Make sense? *giggle
Supplies:
Stamps: Summer Silhouettes
Ink: Midnight Muse, Old Olive, Primrose Petals, Crumb Cake
Paper: Very Vanilla, Midnight Muse card stocks, First Edition DP
Accessories: Paper Daisies, Scallop Edge Punch, Natural Buttons, Linen Thread, Dimensionals

Finally, this was my first time to play with Stampin' Up!'s new firm-foam ink pad. It looks a little bit like a leather or textured plastic type of pad, and it has a lot of give, like the foam craft pads did. The ink does show up richer and darker, which I really love. See the uneven look to the pink flowers? The blue isn't going to do that. YEAY!!! I think I'm really going to like this! Here's a photo of my ink pad and maybe you can see the difference....
That's not to say I'm going to replace the colors I own, but I think this is a really nice change, and I think you'll enjoy the new inks too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...